We think it's important for you to understand how cookies and other similar technologies are used by Parsley Box and our partners. These technologies help Parsley Box function, allow us to understand how you use our services, and have a number of purposes (beyond just advertising) that you can read about in this policy.
This Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy was published on 25 May 2018.
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. They are stored in your browser’s cache and allow a website or a third party to recognise your browser. Cookies can’t harm your computer. We don’t store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors that can sometimes occur on websites.
There are three primary types of cookies:
- Session cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages so you don’t have to re-enter information every time you change pages or make a purchase. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short period of time like after you leave the Site or when you close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies remember certain information about your preferences for viewing the site, and allow Parsley Box to recognise you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them, and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration.
- Third-party cookies are placed by someone other than Parsley Box and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and across multiple sessions. They are usually a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them or they expire based on the time period set in each third-party cookie.
Cookies store data about your use, but they are helpful because they allow us to help Parsley Box function and customise your experience. To order products on Parsley Box, you need to have cookies enabled. If you don’t wish to enable cookies, you’ll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes.
You can configure your desktop or mobile browser's settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies, including how to handle third-party cookies (see Managing Your Cookies below).
We’re giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with EU legislation and to make sure we’re honest and upfront about your privacy when using our website.
In addition to cookies, there are other similar technologies used by Parsley Box and elsewhere on the web.
- Web beacons: These are tiny graphics (sometimes called “clear GIFs” or “web pixels”) with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page.
- Social widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget, and are controlled by the third parties.
- UTM codes: These are strings that can appear in a URL (the “Uniform Resource Locator”,which is typically the http or https address entered to go to a web page) when a user moves from one web page or website to another, where the string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent the user to the receiving website.
- Local Storage Objects: These (sometimes called flash cookies) are sets of data that can be stored on your browser by a site or app. They can be used to maintain preferences, maintain a history of usage, or even maintain the state or settings of an app.
Updates and changes to this policy
We may amend or update this policy from time to time. We encourage you to check back regularly and review any updates.
If you have any questions you can;
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Write to us at:
Parsley Box Ltd
Orchard Brae House
30 Queensferry Road
Purposes and usage
Parsley Box uses Cookie Technologies to recognise your logged-in state on Parsley Box, to understand what products customers and visitors are interested in, to make Parsley Box’s Sites function for you, and to help your browsing experience and use of the Site, Services, and Apps feel more customised. More generally, Parsley Box uses Cookie Technologies for the following:
Security and authentication (strictly necessary)
Some cookie and similar technology functions are necessary and vital to ensuring that Parsley Box works properly for visitors and customers, such as maintaining the security, safety, and integrity of the Site, authentication and logging into Parsley Box (including remembering permissions and consents you have granted), and ensuring the ability to securely complete transactions.
Account and user preferences
Some technologies are used to remember your account and preferences over time, such as remembering your account or keeping yourself logged in when returning to Parsley Box, maintaining your choices on Parsley Box, and customising content based on how you use Parsley Box.
Social networks may also work with Parsley Box or with you for analytics or for marketing purposes, as discussed below. You may be able to manage your privacy preferences for these social networks and their tools and widgets via your account with the social network. You can find more information on specific social media tools and widgets in our Cookies & Similar Technologies Disclosures.
Performance and analytics
Some technologies help provide performance data on how the Services are functioning in order to improve Parsley Box and the Services, including, for example, data on site and app functionality and speed to help us optimise Parsley Box, how the Services are used to help us improve your experience on Parsley Box, and detecting and gathering reporting on bugs to help make Parsley Box work better.
The Site also use Google Analytics to help understand how Parsley Box is used by its customers and visitors. For some of the advertising features listed below, like retargeting, data from Google Analytics may be combined with Parsley Box’s first-party data and third-party cookies (like Google’s advertising cookies). To see how to opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features, see the Opt-Out section at the bottom of this policy.
Parsley Box partners with third-party service providers that may use various Cookie Technologies to permit us and them to learn about what ads you see and click when you visit Parsley Box and affiliated sites or to show you ads on and off Parsley Box.
These may include things such as:
- Frequency capping, which limits the number of times a user’s browser or mobile device displays the same ad.
- Attribution tracking, which estimates what advertising or marketing source brought someone to Parsley Box, or determines what marketing source led to actions like a visit or a purchase.
- Remarketing, which shows relevant ads to an audience based on prior shopping and browsing patterns on Parsley Box.
- Audience targeting, which refers to targeting advertisements to a large audience based on the audience’s known or inferred demographics.
- Cross-device recognition, which recognises actions across multiple devices or browsers.
Some third-party service providers may provide information like demographics, cross-device information, or interest categories from a combination of sources that, while not identifying you personally, permit us to provide you with more relevant and useful advertising. In some cases, this information may have non-marketing performance analytics uses as well.
These technologies allow a partner to recognise your computer or mobile device each time you visit Parsley Box or other websites and mobile applications based on data like a cookie, your IP address, or device ID, but do not allow access to other personal information from Parsley Box. However, these technologies may allow us or a third party to recognise you, either from a single device or across devices, over time. These third parties are required to follow applicable laws, self-regulatory programmes, and Parsley Box’s data protection rules where applicable. However, Parsley Box does not have control over these third parties, who each have their own privacy policies and privacy practices.
You can find a description of third-party Cookie Technologies used by Parsley Box, along with their respective privacy policies and options for controlling your privacy on these platforms, in our Cookies & Similar Technologies Disclosures.
Consent, contract and legitmate interests in processing
Certain Cookie Technologies are employed to make the Site function for its intended purpose, and are provided based on contractual necessity based on your agreement with Parsley Box to perform the services you have requested. These include the functions strictly necessary to the service noted above.
By choosing to use our Services after having been notified of our use of Cookie Technologies in the ways described in this Policy, and, in applicable jurisdictions, through notice and unambiguous acknowledgement of your consent, you agree to such use.
Managing your cookies
You have the ability to control the use of certain Cookie Technologies. You can manage your Parsley Box marketing preferences in your account settings or by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our email communications.
Opt-in and opt-out on browsers
In addition, when you use Parsley Box via a browser, you can change your web browser's settings to reflect your cookie preferences for cookies directly from the site you are on or for third-party cookies. Each browser is a little different, but usually these settings are under the 'options' or 'preferences' menu. The links below provide information about cookie settings for the browsers supported by Parsley Box:
Please note that if you reject or block all cookies in your browser settings, you will not be able to take advantage of Parsley Box's Services as some cookies are necessary for the Site to function properly.
Opt-in and opt-out of third-party networks
If you do not wish to have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertisements, you may decline to receive interest based ads through http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices.
Please note this does not stop you from being served advertisements. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Opt-in and opt-out of Google Analytics advertising
For Google Analytics Advertising Features, you can opt-out through Google Ads Settings or any other available means (for example, the Your Online Choices consumer opt-out listed above). Google also provides a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for the web.
Parsley Box social share buttons
Cookies and similar technologies disclosure
List of cookies
Here's a list of the main cookies we use and what we use them for;
- sessionid This cookie is used to determine whether a visitor is logged in. It does not contain any confidential information.
- csrftoken This cookie is used to help ensure the integrity and security of data submitted to the site.
- __zclmid This cookie is used to integrate the Liveperson help sysytem into our site
- _ga, _gac_UA, _gid These cookies enable Parsley Box to use Google Analytics. This service helps us analyse aggregate information on visitors to our Site such as visitor numbers and how effective our marketing efforts are. This data is used by Parsley Box and Google, is never shared and doesn’t contain any confidential or personal information.
- Tag4ARM This cookie allows us use All Response Media Ltd. analytics performance measurement to measure site visits and conversions and overlay this with offline advertising to measure the impact of the media. We use this data to produce results that measure and optimise the media effectiveness.
When you visit our website you may notice some cookies that aren't related to Parsley Box. If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Some of the business partners that may set cookies on the Parsley Box website are:
- Liveperson: Our 'Live Chat' function is provided by Liveperson and the technology used requires cookies. The cookies are also used to measure usage of this service.
- Facebook: When you use some social media features (such as 'share' or 'like') on our site, cookies are used by Facebook to identify suspicious login activity and keep Facebook users safe. They may also be used to show you adverts for our products and services based on what you appear to be interested in when you visit Facebook.
- All Response Media: We use All Response Media for our analysis and optimisation and they utilise your non-personal data to plan and optimise media campaigns to most effectively deliver our marketing strategies and ensure the ads that you receive from us are relevant to you. They do this through Analysis cookies.
‘Analysis’ cookies are used to profile user behaviour and optimise marketing campaigns e.g. we may track which creative and medium has more resonance with the target audience. This is designed to ensure relevant ads are served to you, to deliver a better experience with the brand.